Saturday, November 19, 2005

The GOP and I are back

Sorry for the long pause in posting. I let my disappointment in the GOP get to me and I lost heart there for a while. Hopefully I'm back. I just got a new job and I'm learning my way around finally. Then there is this, The GOP is fighting back. For the first time in a few years I stayed up late to watch 24/7 news. The GOP in the house got a backbone and really showed to the anti-war left. I was not supprised to not see it in any of the papers, or actually to only find stories about the "angry partisan divide," what partisan divide it was 403-3 in favor of staying the course.
The Chicago Tribune - House Republicans struck back forcefully Friday against a senior Democrat and decorated veteran who reversed his former support for the Iraq war.

I don't expect much more from the tribune, but the GOP needs keepeep this up, and the Senant needs to watch closely and follow.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that piece at The Conservative Voice (an excellent site!) as well... At the time that I was reading it, though, I may not have yet been aware that it was Republicans who sponsored that bill, to pressure people like Congressman Murtha to support what he advocated. As a Republican who believes in traditionalist conservative and constitutionalist values (including with regard to foreign policy), I have mixed feelings about this move. Conservative leader Dan Flynn, also a traditionalist, was not too impressed.

But aside from this issue, I think our national party leadership - in both Congress and the White House - have a long, long, L O N G way to go, before they are "back."

I hope they start heading in the 'right' direction soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home