Thursday, December 09, 2004

I-Pass is the Future

It's time for all of us to give in and accept our fate. The tollway has us where it counts, the pocket book. The first rule in government persuasion is, if you want Americans to do something, tax them if they do the opposite. The current tollway situation is a classic example. In case you been sleeping, there is a toll hike coming unless you get I-pass. This toll (tax) hike will persuade many to enter the system. Many who won't know they can be tracked, but they will learn soon. What will people do when they find out, that is the question. Probably not much till their driving records are routinely check for suspicious behavior, or simply speeding.
But I digress, I have had an I-pass for years. I wasn't a early adapter, I didn't like the idea of "Big Brother" on my dash, but this is the future; less toll booths, user pay roads, smaller tollway authority (that didn't happen) and cheaper tolls. Most of those things are happening, and now they have a huge Congestion-Relief Plan that they need, and will turn the current toll booths into this.

Proposed I-Pass lanes

A virtual supper highway, once the constructions finished. Including the long awaited, and much needed I-355 expansion.
If your convinced, you can
get your I-pass here, but before you do, don't forget to check check your windshield first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home