Monday, August 29, 2005

Teacher tax deduction expiring for Illinois.

Teachers in Illinois who pay for classroom material out of their own pockets have been eligible for a $250 income tax deduction, but this benefit expires at the end of this year. A new bill before the House of Representatives H.R. 2989, would not only extend this deduction, but make it a permanent part of the tax code. Many teachers in Chicago pay for many things needed in their classroom, hopefully they also know about this deduction.

In order to combat this lack of funding for unique educational programs in the school systems. Teachers and donors are joining forces. The web Site DonorsChoose, lets people who want to donate to quality educational programs, pick what they want to help fund. You can read proposals from teachers all over the country and give as little or as much as you can to help that teacher make their programs a reality. Here is a wonderful example.
This year my goal is to create a wonderful, diverse, and engaging library. I want my students to learn to love to read. I believe that the most important impact that I can make on a child is to teach them to love reading. I am asking for your help so that I may create a classroom that is safe for my students, one in which they can take chances and risks in their learning. With your help, I will be able to provide reading materials about many, many different subjects so that I may engage all readers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for your consideration.

The cost of 4 book bundles covering both kindergarten and fifth grade levels, Because of Winn Dixie, and Because of Winn Dixie Teacher's Guide from AKJ Educational Services is $372, including shipping. Fund all or part of this proposal now.


It's that Easy

Thanks respublica for HR 2989, sorry I plagiarised.

1 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to read up on the latest info here body building magazine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home